Pfizer Manager of UGS Demand Planning / in Tokyo, Japan
• Responsible for demand planning operations by effectively managing forecasting & demand planning process to fulfill internal sales target by close partnership with all commercial stakeholders.
• Monitor and drive attainment of all demand planning KPIs against annual target.
• Support ad hoc project for process/ performance improvement purpose.
1 Forecasting and Demand Management
• Responsible for the monthly demand rolling forecasting process, yearly OP forecasting process and Long Range Volume Forecasting process.
• Manage the alignment of the commercial financial forecasts with unit forecasts and market activities, creating an accurate demand signal for supply planning team/ plants in collaboration with stakeholders such as Commercial, Marketing, Finance, Strategic Business Development, Regulatory and Quality Operations.
• Collect information related to sales strategy, promotion activities, BU brand plan, sales forecast and results from internal and external business units and partners to develop accurate short/mid-term demand forecast by SKU in a timely manner.
• Review sales and forecast results, analyze gaps and help all stakeholders understand forecast drivers.
• Ensure appropriate identification and understanding of demand forecast changes against short and long term horizons to support effective supply chain function.
• Provide necessary forecast logic and assumption to Supply Planning Team/ PGS/ GES site.
• Analyze and improve forecast accuracy and customer service levels in line with internal and external benchmarks.
• Ensure the provision of long range forecast and associated principle annually.
• Continuously improve forecast capability of demand planning team to drive enhanced service levels and reduced working capital requirements.
• Lead Demand and Supply Planning meeting review.
• Facilitate S&OP meetings.
• Seamless handover of demand forecast and relevant market intelligence to supply planning team to facilitate optimal inventory levels to support the business.
• Develop and implement standard supply alert operation process in local market. Develop mitigation plan to reduce business impact and coordinate cross functional teams to deliver sales gap closing opportunities as required.
• Internal measurement and reporting of demand forecasting KPIs to drive improvements in forecast accuracy and bias, working capital and customer service
2 New Products/ Regulatory Change Launches
• Coordinate with Supply Planning Team and local stakeholders to align the supply schedule for new product launch
• Coordinate with PGS/ GES on packaging related change caused by supplying site change, regulatory change etc.
• Lead stock build strategy; evaluate and propose appropriate stock build requirements to cover market demand for regulatory change, site transfer, etc.
3 Project Support
• Lead/ support ad hoc project for process/ performance improvement purpose.
• Support UGS/ SC regional/ global initiative or program.
• Bachelor degree in supply chain management, logistics, finance, management science or equivalent field
Qualifications & Experience
• 6-8 years of experience in Pharmaceutical Supply Japan. Working experience in MNCs is preferred
• Sound knowledge of principles and strategy for Sales Forecasting / Demand and Supply Planning
• Experience with vertical supply chain in Pharma industry in Japan is required
• Knowledge and experience in financial planning highly regarded
• Experience in ERP system such as SAP
• Experience in project management preferred
• Good analytical, negotiating and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in a cross-functional environment
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Positive thinking to motivate other people
• Ability to set priorities and make decisions in a dynamic work environment Can do spirit, self-driven
• Good problem solving capability
• Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint application
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt