Pfizer R2R Senior Accountant in Praha, Czech Republic
Colleagues in the GFS Shared Services Center (SS) for the Central and Eastern European Region (CEER) and Africa & Middle East will be responsible for the timely delivery of standardized financial processes on behalf of Biopharmaceutical Finance and their business partners in the Emerging Markets, Colleagues in the center will perform certain Record-to-Report, Invoice-to-Pay, Travel & Expense, Order-to-Cash activities from a facility in Prague, Czech Republic.
The GFS SSC Prague R2R Senior Accountant will be responsible supervision of accounting and financial reporting activities under US GAAP. This includes full balance sheet review and overseeing inventory management, fixed assets, month-end and general accounting activities for Pfizer markets.
Within all areas in scope also ensuring compliance of all processes with standard operating procedures, corporate policies and maintenance of all key controls.
Active participation in numerous finance-related projects is considered to be part of the position.
• Supervise activities related to financial reporting, general accounting, fixed assets and inventory management to ensure all controls and compliance requirements are met.
• Reviewer/approver role for relevant processes
• Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, balance sheet analysis and presentation to GFS and market management
• Provide guidance and support to accountants within group
• Responsible for setting-up, documenting and maintaining the processes in the responsible area
• Perform period end financial close activities and meet all related deadlines. Prepare internal and external audit deliverables.
• Handle accounting policy and procedure inquiries, ad hoc reporting and analysis requests, provide periodic customer/site training
• Assist Team Leader as needed; participate in or lead special projects that require creative and analytical skills
• Active role in various finance projects for the site
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting is required
• Minimum three years of experience in Accounting/Controlling/Reporting/Financial Analysis,
• Working knowledge / experience of US GAAP or IFRS (US GAAP preferred)
• Professional Accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/CIPA/ACCA) is an advantage but not required
• Experience with accounting processes, controls or compliance
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse groups and individuals
• Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
• JD Edwards ERP system experience preferred
• Proficient business English language skills (written and verbal), required
• Fluent business Czech is a big advantage.
• Supervisory experience is an advantage
• Experience of working in cross-functional team is an advantage
In reward Pfizer offers to you:
You will receive the benefit of working for a stable and very well established international corporation with a sonorous name and highly established organizational culture. You will become an important part of our international, friendly and dynamic team. We can offer a competitive salary and a scale of benefits, including cafeteria program, travel allowance, meal vouchers, and recognition awards.
GFS Prague was recently voted Top US SSC Investor in Czech Republic by the European Business Services Association.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.