Pfizer Senior Territory Manager in Los Angeles, California
The Senior Territory Manager is a promoted representative level position and is responsible for selling Pfizer's product portfolio to the highest value customers within a district to include physicians, accounts & medical groups. The SHR plays a critical role in increasing Pfizer's brand with high value customers by developing an insightful assessment of the customer and the overall business landscape, identifying appropriate business
opportunities based on the insights, formulating & then executing a strategy to maximize return on investment in alignment with RBU goals.
The Senior Territory Manager is a Senior Healthcare Representative that calls exclusively on high value customers (e.g. optimal details of 7-12, specialists, KOLs, etc.) within a district. The STM is expected to cultivate strong business relationships with their assigned high value targets, drawing extensively upon their demonstrated business acumen, CFSA expertise & product knowledge to identify & differentially address the customer's needs with the appropriate resources. The STM is an informal leader within the district and as such is expected to be an expert on their assigned products & selling skills, and takes on additional district responsibility via special
projects, serving as a mentor to PHRs, and leading meetings as needed.
• BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
• Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary
• Valid US driver's license and a driving record in compliance with company standards.
• Live within 50 miles of territory
• Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships with key thought leaders and high
value customers across a variety of settings (e.g., large group practices, institutions)
• Proven capability to positively influence high value customers resulting in desired business
• A demonstrated track record of success and accomplishment with previous pharmaceutical
• Expertise in CFSA
• Exceptional aptitude for learning and ability to communicate technical and scientific product
and disease management information to a wide range of customers
• Demonstrated high degree of business acumen and strategic thinking
• Portfolio, disease state, and market place expertise
• 18 months previous pharmaceutical sales experience strongly preferred
Functional / Technical Skills can include:
• Promote broad portfolio of products
• Develop a deep knowledge of assigned customers & entities (e.g., accounts)
• Drive sales in assigned accounts & with customers
• Develop strategic account selling and management skills
• Strong coordination & collaboration with internal and external partners, especially in cross functional
• Gain access in difficult situations
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Last Date to Apply to Job: January 1, 2020
Additional Location Information: Candidate must live within 50 miles of either Bakersfield, CA, Palmdale, CA or Santa Clarita, CA.
Relocation Available: No
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.