Pfizer Senior Scientist, Immunotherapeutic Design CID in La Jolla, California
• Works closely with individuals in both protein engineering and immunology/oncology groups to innovate and develop the next-generation protein therapeutics for cancer immunotherapy.
• Obtains understanding of the therapeutic targets of interest
• Carries out hand-on lab work to apply molecular biology, protein biochemistry and protein engineering techniques to generate novel protein therapeutics to target immune system.
• Participate in internal and external collaboration meetings.
• Communicates experimental findings accurately and concisely in both oral and written formats.
• Present at group meetings, global project team meetings, and site meetings.
• BS/BA with 10+ years experience.
• Degree in the field of Biological Science (protein biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology) or a related field (Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and Biological Engineering).
• Ability to independently design, plan and execute and interpret experiments.
• Solid hands-on experience with molecular biology, protein biochemistry and protein engineering.
• Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
• Ph.D. with 1+ years of experience post-Ph.D.
• Strong track record of scientific accomplishments demonstrated through publications in highly regarded journals and/or intellectual property generation.
• Track record of demonstrating analytical skills, creativity and unique problem solving skills
• Outstanding pro-active attitude, interpersonal, collaborative, organization, planning and oral communication skills.
• Strong motivation, passion and commitment to science and engineering novel entities.
• Technical expertise should include protein biochemistry and molecular biology knowledge: cloning, expression and purification of proteins, and/or other biochemical (ELISA, biosensor) and cell based assays.
• Prior experience in working with immune system derived proteins like antibody, TCR, cytokine and antibody-like scaffold proteins is preferred
• Previous experience with protein engineering techniques such as phage display and yeast display is preferred
• Prior experience in protein modeling and analyzing protein structures would be a plus
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.