Pfizer Senior Scientist, Immunosuppression Immuno in La Jolla, California
P fizer Cancer Immunology Discovery (CID) is within the Oncology division of Pfizer Worldwide Research & Development in La Jolla, CA. CID is dedicated to developing new protein therapeutics to improve human life by redirecting the immune system against cancer. CID researchers apply the latest scientific knowledge and novel approaches to discover truly innovative Immuno-Oncology therapeutics.
• Discovery and evaluation of novel mechanisms of tumor resistance to innate and adaptive immunity.
• Design and execution of cell based functional and biochemical assays to select candidate molecules for clinical development.
• Design and execution of drug mechanism of action studies using in vivo models and ex vivo methods, such as cell sorting, multi-color flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence, and primary cell culture.
• Communication of research results to team and company.
• BS/BA with 10+ years experience or MS with 7+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 1+ years of experience.
• Experience in the fields of immunology, cell biology and/or genetics.
• Ability to independently design, plan and execute and interpret experiments.
• Ability to manage an independent research program with minimal supervision.
• Expertise in standard immunologic techniques.
• Expertise in qRT-PCR, ELISA, MSD, ELISPOT, Nano string and cytotoxic assays.
• Experience in CRISPR technology and lentiviral transduction.
• Experience working with small molecules inhibitors for tumor immunotherapy.
• Immune phenotyping tumor associated immune cells from primary human tumor samples by flow cytometry.
• Technical expertise with immune cell-based functional assays (e.g. activation, differentiation, proliferation, and suppression assays by using monocyte/ macrophages, T-cells, or dendritic cells).
• Experience with human PBMC and mammalian cell culture.
• Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, good verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.