Pfizer Senior Principal Scientist, Hybridoma Lead in La Jolla, California
BioMedicine Design is seeking an experienced Biotherapeutic antibody lead generation scientist for a Senior Principal Scientist position to lead Biotherapeutic Endogenous Antibody discovery group in La Jolla, Ca. The individual will be a member of matrix teams comprised of research unit lead, program engineering team lead, reagent lead, and discovery lead. The individual will also be expected to advance scientific understanding and incorporate relevant novel technologies and new experimental approaches to address biotherapeutic lead generation challenges. The role also includes supervision and mentorship of 2-3 laboratory staff and responsibility for oversight and resource management supporting oncology research area.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Serve as subject matter expert on biotherapeutic antibody development/discovery and screening, high-throughput screening, data integration, and process efficiency
• Serve as subject matter expert on design strategies in generating relevant immune responses against challenging targets
• Manage a team of lead generation and screening scientists to advance Pfizer's oncology biotherapeutic programs.
• Manage resource and drive process efficiency and portfolio success.
• Prepare scientific and strategic planning to build state-of-the-art biotherapeutic lead generation and screening group
• Train and guide scientists on developing and adapting effective lead generation and discovery technologies/platforms to advance portfolio programs in oncology unit
• Guide and lead antibody generation scientists on integrating biochemical and cell based functional assays into High Throughput Screening (HTS) workflow to existing biotherapeutic discovery platforms
• Establish and enhance necessary infrastructure for lead generation and HTS screening (SOPs, informatics, instrumentation, data recording and analytics)
• Develop and direct novel internal research activities to address biotherapeutic lead generation and screening needs
• Build Pfizer's external network in biotherapeutic discovery and screening sciences to advance competitive and challenging areas through collaboration
• Ph.D. in Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or Molecular Biology with 8+ years of relevant industrial experience.
• Demonstrated history of rigorous technical accomplishments and deep knowledge of biologics lead generation and technology development
• Proven experience in state-of-the-art antibody discovery technologies. Proficiency in B-cell biology, antigen design, and immunization protocols is required
• Proven team management skills and track record of working in matrix teams.
• Superior critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and projects management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge and expertise in biologics lead generation methods (hybridoma or single cells) preferred
• Experience with leading and developing teams of >2 laboratory staff
• Expertise in integrated laboratory automation
• Expertise in various High Content Screening (HCS) and High Throughput Screening (HTS) platforms
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation PackageEligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.