Pfizer MES Specialist in Grange Castle, Ireland
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd May 2020
Job Title: MES Specialist
Department: Operation Management
Position Reports To Operations Manager - MES.
To support the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) in use at Grange Castle. To develop, update, test and verify electronic master batch records. To provide MES end user coaching, troubleshooting and support. To develop, qualify and deliver improvements to MES at Grange Castle.
This position reports to the Operation Manager, MES
•Perform Electronic Master Batch Record (eM BR) development, qualification, testing and update.
•Provide MES out-of-hours support when required.
• Work with MES Project Teams and Digital Core Teams to continuously improve MES.
• Provide end user and investigation support for issues related to MES
• Perform MES impact assessments for change controls.
• Author and maintain support articles related to MES.
• Work with Process SME's to define MES business requirements.
-Work with Manufacturing and Digital Core Teams to plan and manage MES maintenance windows and Application upgrades (Evergreening).
• Assist in the identification and resolution of Master Data issues related to MES and associated systems (SAP, MCS, MLM etc).
• Assist in the development and execution of protocols used to qualify eMBRs.
-Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) review and approval of Digital Core documentation and System Changes, when required.
• Perform additional duties as directed by the MES Support Manager.
• 3rd level qualification in Science, Engineering or Business and 3 years' experience in manufacturing operations within a Pharma / Biotech site or more than five years' experience working in a highly automated biopharma manufacturing environment.
• Experience of MES recipe development, qualification and maintenance.
• Business Process and/or Operational Excellence experience.
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing and Good Automation Practice
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Knowledgeable of project management tools and techniques.
• Possesses the ability to think independently, make good decisions in a timely manner and to work well as part of a team.
•Highly motivated, self-starter.
• Demonstrate the GC OWNIT values.
• Adhere to all HR Policies as appropriate.
• Personal Development plans focus on the 70:20:10 guidelines.
• CI tools/- capability is a key building block for learning & development - Trained and M1 certified.
• Proactive engagement with key stakeholders.
• Best practices developed and shared with other teams /sites.
• Best practices actively sought and copied.
• Proactive & effective communication within and across shifts
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Continuous Imprv and Proj Mgmt