Pfizer Principal Scientist, Cytokine Biology Immuno in CID, California
Pfizer Cancer Immunology Discovery (CID) is within the Oncology division of Pfizer Worldwide Research & Development in La Jolla, CA. CID is dedicated to developing new protein therapeutics to improve human life by redirecting the immune system against cancer. CID researchers apply the latest scientific knowledge and novel approaches to discover truly innovative Immuno-Oncology therapeutics.
• Design and execute of mechanism of action, PD and other biomarker studies, as well as combination studies for CID's preclinical-stage cytokine therapeutics using in vivo murine models and ex vivo methods, such as cell sorting, multi-color flow cytometry, gene expression analysis techniques, and primary cell culture.
• Discover and develop new therapeutic modalities for cancer immunotherapy focusing on cytokines as targets.
• Independently design and perform studies to evaluate the contribution of cytokines to anti-cancer immune responses as well as cancer development and progression
• Supervise research associates and/or scientists.
• Collaborate with protein engineering, computational biology, and clinical development group to pursue the most promising drug candidates through clinical trials.
• Participate and/or lead collaborations with internal and external collaborators.
• Present at group meetings, global project team meetings, and site meetings.
• MS with 9+ years experience or Ph.D. with 4+ years of experience (prefer 4+ years of post-Ph.D experience).
• Demonstrated expertise in the field of immunology, cell biology and/or genetics.
• Solid technical knowledge and hands-on experience with conventional immunological techniques. Broad experience in assessing immune cell function. Experience in immune cell isolation and characterization using multi-color flow cytometry.
• Working knowledge of various murine tumor and/or infectious disease models.
• Ability to independently design, plan and execute and interpret experiments
• Ability to manage an independent research program with no supervision.
• Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to actively contribute scientifically to immunological drug discovery research programs, including identification and validation of novel targets.
• Ability to represent development teams and communicate goals/deliverables to senior management and/or governance committees.
• Prior experience working with or leading collaborations with external academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations.
• Experience in mentoring and/or leading Ph.D. level and non-Ph.D. level scientists.
• Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, good verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.