Pfizer Associate Director, Biostatistics, Nonclinical in Cambridge Kendall Sq. 610 Main, Massachusetts
Pfizer's ECD Statistics is looking for a motivated and experienced statistician with a solid background in nonclinical statistics, strong consulting skills, and an interest in collaborating with research scientists in drug discovery and development. He/She will work closely with research scientists seeking to discover new medicines in a variety of therapeutic areas by supporting the design and analysis of preclinical experiments covering all aspects of drug discovery from disease target identification, pharmacology studies, animal model development, biomarker development and demonstration of proof of concept. The focus will be on both "platform" approaches (ie ensuring robust assay methods) as well as specific project approaches. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in understanding drug target biology in order to provide effective statistical consultation with biological scientists.
•Collaborate with preclinical scientists across research units (Immunology & Inflammation, Internal Medicine, Rare Disease, CTI) to design, analyze and present experiments.
• Bring innovative statistical thinking and methods to help drive the enhanced quantitative drug discovery and development paradigm within Pfizer.
• Ensure rigorous approaches are taken to ensure good scientific practices are followed: excellent statistical methods utilized and documented in protocols, analysis plans and manuscripts, and assay methods are appropriately blinded, randomized and designed to meet clear objectives.
•Serve as a core member of scientific teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high quality manner.
•Work with scientists to understand the biology and improve existing biomarkers, endpoints, derive new endpoints, and develop 'fit-for-purpose' statistical models.
•Use statistical expertise to prepare both internal and external reports, presentations and manuscripts, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment.
•Where possible, standardize processes and methodologies within and possibly across therapeutic areas may include developing statistical tools to aid scientists in standardize analyses.
•Provide statistical expertise on regulatory submissions and ensure quality of deliverables.
Indicate qualifications that are job related, consistent with business necessity and necessary for the performance of an essential function of this role including: education/licenses/certifications, relevant experience (where legally permissible), technical and/or other job-related skills.
• PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics and at least 3-5 years of pharmaceutical experience or a MS in Statistics/Biostatistics and at least 5-8 years of pharmaceutical experience
• Strong pre-clinical and non-clinical experience is required
• Must have strong technical competence.
• Capability to provide statistical leadership to cross-functional teams.
• Sound understanding of design of experiments, assay development, and statistical applications for preclinical research
• Interest in biology, graduate level training preferred.
• Good knowledge of drug development regulations pertinent to statistical analysis
• Preferred candidates will have good computational skills in SAS, R, or S-Plus.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with research scientists are essential.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
L ast Date to Apply for Job: October 30, 2018
Eligible for Relocation Package: yes
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: yes
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.